cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Setup across layer 3 interfaces

josephjmg
Level 1
Level 1

So I have a question about getting remote wireless APs to connect to the WLCs. Here is the basic setup:

[AP]---[L3 Switch]---[Router]---[L3 Switch]---[WLC]     (running EIGRP between them)

I have the 192.168.222.0/24 subnet built on the switch that is connected to the WLC, but I want to keep all APs in the same subnet (some connected to each switch). The APs on the switch connected to the WLC work no problem, but the one I just set up in the same subnet on the left AP can't reach the gateway obviously. (didn't think before I pulled the trigger).

My question is...should I just setup another IP in the same subnet on the first switch and make that it's gateway? Will that resolve the issue?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @josephjmg ,

As far as I know, that does not solve the issue.
I recommend assigning a new subnet to the AP on the left, but keeping the same vlan.
This will logically separate the traffic from the AP.
Then, includ this new subnet in the protocol so that the AP can reach the WLC network.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @josephjmg ,

As far as I know, that does not solve the issue.
I recommend assigning a new subnet to the AP on the left, but keeping the same vlan.
This will logically separate the traffic from the AP.
Then, includ this new subnet in the protocol so that the AP can reach the WLC network.

Regards

OK, I went ahead and did that and it's connecting.

Thanks for the help!

Hi @josephjmg ,

I'm glad you've solved your problem.

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: