cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working with a N5K-C5010P-BF that comes with a N5K-M1008 module.

Mosasa
Level 1
Level 1

On the front of the Nexus 5k, the module is installed and theirs green LED lights inside of it, and I think that's a good sign it's working.

Furthermore, I do show inv and it's recognized but when I do show int brf I get this: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ethernet VLAN Type Mode Status Reason Speed Por
t
Interface Ch
#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eth1/1 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/2 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/3 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/4 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/5 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/6 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/7 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/8 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/9 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/10 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/11 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/12 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/13 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/14 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/15 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/16 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/17 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/18 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/19 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --
Eth1/20 1 eth access down SFP not inserted 10G(D) --

Port VRF Status IP Address Speed MTU

So the switch reconizes it but it does not out the interfaces in show int brf as its own interfaces I can check for. What might be the problem for this? btw I'm a newb so explain in laymen terms. Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Hello,

I think the modules are hot swappable. Is there any console output when you remove/insert the module ?

Yes they are hot swappable! But I only get console output when removing the module. When inserting it I have to do show inv to verify. Don't know if that's okay though.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Are the ports effectively getting connected ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

If I understood correctly. You're asking if the switch recognizes the module? Then, Yes! But it's not showing up on show int brf and nor can I specify in config# mode that it's a fc type port. I get this error instead: 

ERROR: Module type doesn't support this CLI -even though its recognizing it...

- Use latest advisory software release on the N5K , if applicable , check if that can help.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Sorry, is that supposed to be a hyper link or a command? Thanks.

- No first , what is the full model name of the parent nexus switch ?

M.

N5K-C5010P-BF. That's the model name.

- I was referring to trying latest advisory software version on the nexus as in : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284360574/type/282088129/release/7.3(8)N1(1)

M.

Thank you! I think this might just do it but a little caveat I noticed... 

The link you commented leads to "Nexus 5596T Switch".

and my switch is a 5510. 

Furthermore, I tried to select my specific one from the Nexus 5000 series on the download page but could not find my specific one. Is the one you linked sufficient enough or do I need to find the specific download link for my switch? Thanks!

-  You need to work this out further with Cisco TAC

M.

Okay. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: