cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Active-Stanby ASA 5585 with CX Prime Manager module each, Can they replicate without an external PRSM?

Hello,

As I said at topic, both CX are in Single-device mode, and I can not see the device menu to add one to another or something like that.

Both meets all the requisites , an I installed last version of prime (9.3.2.1-9) to be sure than It is up to date.

Most documention talk about how to add devices to an "external" Prime, But I do not have another licence for that.

The question is, Can I put in HA those CX modules?

Additiona info:

- they are hw modules.

- both has licences.

- both are same hardware and has same version.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, no.

Synchronization between CX module configurations in an ASA HA pair (or any other deployment of multiple CX modules) requires Prime Security Manager (PRSM) on an external VM (also known as "off-box" or multi-device mode PRSM).

Without that, you have to manually configure each identically via their separate PRSM GUIs ("on-box", single device mode).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, no.

Synchronization between CX module configurations in an ASA HA pair (or any other deployment of multiple CX modules) requires Prime Security Manager (PRSM) on an external VM (also known as "off-box" or multi-device mode PRSM).

Without that, you have to manually configure each identically via their separate PRSM GUIs ("on-box", single device mode).

Well, I was afraid about that but I must ask....

Thanks

You're welcome - thanks for the rating.

FYI, a 5-device promo license is currently being offered - your reseller would know it as "PRSMV9-SW-5-PR" and it's only US$500 list price. (The normal price would be US$3000.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card