cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4110 Fail-open module FPR4K-NM-6X10SR

sindandoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, just ordered the FPR4K-NM-6X10SR fail-open module for 4110. Interested to know whether SFPs are required to be used in conjunction with this module, or the built-in (blue plastic) connectors are where the fiber should be plugged in. 

Thanks,  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not installed myself, But Look at the Module you do not need any SFP i guess here - the patch lead go directly to the modules. as suggested installation you need to right Code running to recognise this module.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@sindandoh : This is a Network Module and you need additional SFP+ for the same. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/4100/hw/guide/b_install_guide_4100/overview.html 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not installed myself, But Look at the Module you do not need any SFP i guess here - the patch lead go directly to the modules. as suggested installation you need to right Code running to recognise this module.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No SFP is required.

Note that FTW (Fail to Wire) netmods are only used with the Firepower running in pure IDP/IPS mode - i.e., not with routed firewall interfaces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card