Views
Helpful
Replies

503 service unavailable error Firepower Threat Defence

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have installed a FTD device into my network.  I am trying to add it into the FMC and have now done that succssfully via configure manager add 192.168.x.x cisco

Now i am in the process of registering the FTD for smart licensing.  But when i went to go back to the website for the FTD i get a service unavailable message

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

any ideas how i can fix this without having to format the FTD device

regards,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have configured the FTD device to be managed via FMC, it cannot be managed locally via Firepower Device Manager (FDM) anymore. You can only manage it one way, not both. The smart licensing can be done via the FMC now. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have configured the FTD device to be managed via FMC, it cannot be managed locally via Firepower Device Manager (FDM) anymore. You can only manage it one way, not both. The smart licensing can be done via the FMC now. 

I didnt think it would work like that but it does make perfect sense now.  I have upgraded the FMC to be 6.2.2.2 which is the same as the FTD.  Now i can register using smart licensing 

Thanks for the answer.  This FTD and FMC is very different to the old cisco asa but i think i am getting somewhere now

regards

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card