Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5505 ASA trunk port

Hello,

I have an issue with my firewall,each time i configured a trunk port in the firewall and connect a sw 2960S with a trunk port also, all the interfaces in the Firewall go down ( virutal intertaces, inside, outside , dmz) , also another switch 3750 that is connected to another port in the firewall( access port only) it start to a new negotiation of spanning tree.

What could be causing this problem? the firewall didnt sedn bdpdu i think

the IOS of the firewall its a 8.2

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Luis,

Are you still having the problem? Bottom line, do you see any errors on the switch? Does the interface goes down/down? What does the switch reports? Are they on auto/auto both the switch and the ASA? I've seen loss of connectivty before but nothing in regards of the port going down including the vlans.

Can you check the logs on the switch and tell us what you see there?

Mike

Mike

Hello, thank you for your help

my problem is when i configured the trunk port in the firewall and a trunk port in my switch and i connected to the firewall, my virtual interfaces go down and my others switches connecte to the firewall by an access port start to negotiation the spanning tree.

Hey Luis,

Still need to know the following:

Do you see any errors on the switch? Does the interface goes down/down?

What does the switch reports?

Are they on auto/auto both the switch and  the ASA?

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: