Views
Helpful
Replies

5506-x ASDM sensor update

mfilipovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I know that the sensor update is really slow but i have one update stuck at 43% for 12 hours. I Guess it is really stuck. I can´t find a way to terminate the update.  What is the recommended action when this happen? I like the FP module but the update procedure is buggy and a pain in the ass.

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No director just globally.

Sudo su -

upgrade_resume.sh

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check in : /var/log/sf , ls the files and check for the version that you are trying to upgrade to , say 5.4.0.4 .

cd /var/log/sf/Cisco_network_sensor.5.4.0.5

Check for status .log file and see if it is still stuck at 46% and whats the messages ?

If it is stuck since last 12 hrs then probably we have to resume the upgrade by the command :

Sudo su -

upgrade_resume.sh

What is the current version and what is the version that you are updating it to ?

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if it helps!!!

Are those commands correct if you run Everything on the cisco 5506-x?

Ok i found it when i Went to expert mode on the module.

Hi, I am not really sure where to execute the resume. In what directory should i be in?

Hi,

After the expert :

Sudo su -

upgrade_resume.sh

Sometimes this does not work so you might need to push he upgrade again from the GUI .

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Hi,

No director just globally.

Sudo su -

upgrade_resume.sh

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Well it only says command not found. So i tried to push the upgrade again but that upgrade stays in waiting tasklist. Do you have a end task command?

It worked, i got a small window where i could reboot the ASA. No it is working. Thanks for the help

I am currently facing this same issue on a 5585-X upgrading from 4.5.0 to 4.5.0.5.  The upgrade failed and communications were messed up with the sensor, so I decided to remove it and re-register it.  Now I can't do that.  The engineer working with me told me to run "upgrade_resume.sh", but it is nowhere in the filesystem.

Hi,

I never got that command to work. I rebooted the asa and ran the update again and it took 2 hours and after that it worked. Pain in the ass to upgrade the sensors.

Hi,

Try this :

Sudo su -

upgrade_resume.sh

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card