Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing MMS server from outside through ASA

There is one Windows MMS server sitting inside the network.

I have done port based static natting in the ASA for that server with port 554(rtsp) as we dont have more public IPs.

for this natted IP I have allowed IP any any. Still when I am trying to connect to the server everything else is accessible except the video files. I am not able to play the video files. Whereas I able to play from inside.

Thanks

Sachi

3 Replies 3

eddie.mitchell
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have rtsp inspection enabled in your default policy map?

I am referencing this configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080910838.shtml

rtsp inspection was there in default list. But even after removing that also it is not working. Only thing I suspect is on the port based natting.

Thanks

Sachi

Try this. Try connecting to the server internally via the Media Servers fully qualified domain name. If this works put in a host entry on a PC outside the firewall with the fully qualified domain name in the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host file.

I had this problem after I followed the document on excluding RTSP for the server. After we added DNS for the server on the outside everything worked. I guess that it encaps the server name in the RTSP, not the translated IP address.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card