cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 Alarm

kukantomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Running ACS SE 5.1 with 5-1-0-44-6 patch and have following alerts every 2 hours:

Cisco secure ACS - Alarm Notification

Serverity: Critical

Alarm name: System Alarm [Collector]

Cause/Trigger: Store failure (xxx, SystemStatus)

I'm storing backups to this repository but looks like everyting works fine. Read some article that this issue can be solved with 44-4 patch but didn't worked. Any help?

7 Replies 7

Vitali Kraft
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have exactly the same alarm every 2 hours running primary/secondary instances also with 5.1.0.44.6 patch

##

System Alarm [Collector]

Cause:     Store failure ('ACS name', SystemStatus)

Details:     Please see Collector log for details

##

Has anybody an idea?

Looks like you have more than one Ethernet cable connected to the ACS. Am I right?

Yes, we have indeed additional cable connected but not in use. Does it have any association with the alarm mentioned?

Yes. The ACS SE 5.1 hardware is not server from Cisco factory (it's IBM). This server is also used for other applications. ACS doesn't support multihost at this time as I know. So you can only use 1 NIC which is predefined (Gi ethernet 0).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_hw_ins.html#wp1142843

Thanks a lot for the information. With regret we also have recognised that all additional NICs at this box are not usable.

However do you have experianced any correlation to the store failure system alarm? Do you still get it in the alarm inbox?

Many thanks in advance.

No more alerts after I unpluged the cable from "wrong" ACS interface.

However do you have experianced any correlation to the store failure system alarm?"- I'm not sure what do you mean.

After unpluging the cable we still received the alerts but after reboot of the primary instance they are gone now.

Thanks for the hint!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card