Views
Helpful
Replies

adding devices to ciscoworks

avijit1on1
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a new version of ciscoworks on the windows server

All the subparts (e.g RME, DFM etc )have been installed properly ..Now I am having problems adding or discovering any device on the network although I am able to telnet to the main router from the same server ..it somehow wont discover it on CW.

I went into server setup and changed SNMP V2 public string same as “public” (the one defined on the router ) and even entered the IP address of the router (192.168.1.10) ….I need to get the devices added to it ASAP ….Can any one help ?

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Before adding devices to RME, you must add devices into Device and Credential Repository (Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management).

By default, the Automatically Manage Devices from Credential Repository option in the Device Management Settings window is enabled.

When you add devices to Device and Credential Repository and RME is down, the devices are added automatically when RME comes up again. The devices are added automatically, if the Automatically Manage Devices from Credential Repository option is enabled.

If this option is not enabled, you must manually add the devices.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.0.5/user/guide/device.html#wp1056342

but I am not being able to enter devices on the DCR itself

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card