cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Network DNS Server to Data Interface

ATCUSN
Level 1
Level 1

The Firepower FDM DNS server settings only allow for one Data Interface and one Management Interface.  My firepower will be connected to two separate LANs with separate domain controllers on separate data interfaces.  

How does the system know which network DNS server to use?

Do I add both network DNS server IP addresses to the Data Interface?

2 Replies 2

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It really depends on what your environment looks like and what you are trying to accomplish. You can always use the out-of-band management interface as long as it can route to both DNS servers. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

ATCUSN
Level 1
Level 1

The firepower was not resolving the DC’s host name. I'm not having trouble accessing the FDM from any interface. 

I had to create a new DNS Group that included the DC’s IP in addition to the Cisco Umbrella DNS servers.

Once the Firepower is connected to the production LAN I will have to add another network DNS server to the group. This is not ideal.

What I was trying to accomplish is to create one DNS group for inside interface A and another DNS Group for inside interface B.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card