cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Secondary External Block of IP addresses onto ASA

paulwhitecisco
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased some additional external IP addresses from our ISP as we've used all the statics on the external inferface of our ASA5525 

So I now have 2 blocks of IP addresses, the first is configured on the external interface and I need a way of configuring the second block without removing the first block.

As it's the same ISP could I simply put the NAT using one of the new IP addresses and the existing interface that doesn't include the new IP address -

Or is there a way of loading the new block of IP addresses onto the router so they appear under the external interface as a discontiguous network.

2 Replies 2

ahmedshoaib
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

Here my question is you got the new IP Address block from same ISP and same Leased Line or not?

If you got New Public IP Address pool from same ISP and they route new pool on existing lease line then you simple put the NAT and using new IP Address pool.

If not then need to understand you topology for better suggestion.

Thanks & Best regards;

It depends on how the ISP configured the these additional networks.

• The ISP configured the additional networks as secondary networks on his router:
    You can use these addresses in your NAT-configuration after configuring "arp permit-nonconnected" on your ASA.
  • The ISP routes these new networks to your ASA:
    You can directly use these new addresses with NAT on your ASA or you can configure an additional DMZ/interface with the new IP block on your ASA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card