cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM and CSC-SSM together in a network

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

First time am here so plz forgive me if there is any mistakes from my side.

I want to implement Itrusion Prevention and Anti X features in a network, i prefer ASA and SSM modules, how can i install it successfully, is it possible in single ASA device otherwise how can i connet two ASAs to meet the purpose.

Thank You

4 Replies 4

Hello,

That's incorrect.

Considering you want ASA technology, two appliances are needed.The first with AIP and the second with CSC.

AIP-SSM and CSC-SSM are slotable in ASA 5510, 5520 and 5540.

Thanks.

Hello Sir,

I need both AIP-SSM and CSC-SSM together in a network, it is not possible to insert both in a single divice, isn't it? So i have to use two ASAs right ? So my question is how can i connet both the devices physically in a network, i need to pass the traffice from one to another...

Thank U

Why don't you choose one ASA with CSC-SSM for Anti-X functions as Firewall.

For deeper Packet-Inspection i can recommend a seperate IPS-System, for example a prodoct of the Cisco IPS 4200 family.

You can work with SPAN (Switched Port Analyzer) on the Perimeter Switches for sending traffic to the IPS-System before entering the local network.

Traffic-Map:

Outside <-> ASA w. CSC <-> IPS <-> Local Network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card