cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Amazon S3 Backup with Cisco PIX 501 Router - slowww

paradoxenygma
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of setting up an Amazon S3 network backup of the NAS server we have in our office.  We are using a Synology NAS to backup to Amazon s3, and we use a Cisco PIX 501 to secure our network.  The backup from the NAS to Amazon is going painfully slow, so I contacted Synology to resolve the issue.  After they examined everything, they think the router is filtering outbound traffic, and this is causing the upload to slow down.  I was told the upload should happen over HTTP and HTTPS, and I made sure these ports where open through the Access Rules.  There are no rules defined in the Filter Settings.

I looked at the settings with the PDM, and I can't find where the filtering would be. Does someone have any insight to what could be happening?   I'm not too familiar with the PIX or all the network settings involved.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located here:

- Wireless ----> Wireless - Mobility http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=E0EEC3D9CB4E5165ED16933737822748.SJ3A?page=Wireless_-_Mobility_discussion

This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.

THANKS

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card