cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect GNS3 not working

coreycomputer
Level 1
Level 1

So i am trying to connect a virtual PC into GNS3 ASAV using any connect.  Typically Anyconnect is never a problem for me, but now when I try to connect, it goes through all the motions.  It asked me do I want to accept the self signed certificate and I click yes.  The username and pw authenticates, it goes to "checking profile updates" and after that I get this error that says " The anyconnect client service is not responding.   A VPN connection cannot be established. Contact your administrator"....

This is very confusing because it goes through all of the motions and then does this,, can someone please tell me what is wrong here.

Again, the username and pw works just fine and everything but it just comes up with this errorneous error..... Please advise.   

2 Replies 2

B. BELHADJ
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

In first time, could you check if the certificate on your ASA is good. The ASA uses its self signed certificate (or another certificate signed by a known CA) to establish the connection with remote AnyConnect client.

If there is no problem with ASA certificate, check if you will be able to connect on another client with AnyConnect installed.

Best regards

I have experience many issues with GNS3 where configuration is correct but VPN doesn't work.  The only ways I have managed to solve the issues I had was to delete the ASAv and then re-add it and configure AnyConnect from scratch.  I think something gets hung up in the VM which causes the issue.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card