Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply Bulk Config to ASA-5516X FTD

armartirosyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

I am migrating from SRX to ASA5516-X and I need to apply a lot of configs to the new box (network and service objects). I searched online to find a solution to my problem but unfortunately nothing came up. The cli is usesless and web ui does not provide any methods to apply my configs, so I am sitting and adding the objects one-by-one(about 500 objects). 

I had an idea to drop down to the shell, locate the startup-config file and paste the bulk config there, but I was unsuccessful.

[UPDATE 1]

I was able to get the objects to the running and startup configs, but for some reason they don't appear in the WEB UI for me to use. Any idea how to overcome this problem? 

Please any help is greatly appriciated 

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Don't know if you're using fdm or fmc (locally or centrally managed ftd) but on both case you have APIs.

Look at available APIs with associated examples on how to use them. This will be your best chance to import lot of configs.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks for the reply. I ended up with the same conclusion that an API needs to be used... it is horrible that for that kind of a task I need to write a script.

Thanks for help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card