Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 supporting concurent multiple ISP for Anyconnect VPN

tomaslovato
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our current cable ISP is having issues providing us with consistant connectivity. I would like to bring in a second ISP to allow my users to choose where they will connect to. There will be two dns names and i just want to to be able to choose between them.

Is this possible on the ASA5505? supporting two ISPs at one time for VPN on both?

3 Replies 3

No, two ISPs are only supported in a primary/backup-scenario. When the primary ISP fails (which is tested by IP SLA) then the backup ISP jumps in. This is done by enabling the default-route on the backup-ISP and disabling the default-route on the primary ISP. But it's not possible to use them both at the same time.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

What about using static routes?

static routes can help to distribute traffic over different links. But your remote-clients have to connect over the link with the default-route.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card