Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 v9.2 botnet license renewal.

ciscoazlancco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Is a botnet license renewal ( L-ASA5505-BOT-1YR=  ) still available for an (older) ASA 5505, Software Version 9.2(3)4 , now there is also the FirePOWER solution ?

Can't find any end-of-sales bulletin for the botnet license.

So SIO is still operational ?

Kind regards.

4 Replies 4

Yes, this license and functionality is still available. For the customers that can't or don't want to upgrade to a FirePOWER solution, I think thats a quite good "poor mans next generation protection". At least in theory, it should give a protection agains modern threads that can't be fought with L3/L4 inspection.

Thanks Karsten for the reply !

Sco123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

As of end of 2018 , and since the end of support for the asa 5505 is August 2022.

Does the Botnet traffic License would still be available and be updated till end of support ?

I cannot find any info regarding this.

Some websites still sell 1 year licences (maybe 0 stock) but I think Cisco does not.

IOS 9.24 K-8

Merry Christmas

Tanks

Karl

You can still purchase (as of now) the Botnet license for ASA 5505. See current screen shot below from Cisco's internal/partner ordering tool. The part number is L-ASA5505-BOT-1YR=.

ASA 5505 Botnet License.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card