cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506 NAT

vgulinolite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a weird issue that I am noticing since I went to a static IP service. In my log I am no longer seeing the destination IP address when it is beyond the outside interface. This is what I have in the log

6 Jan 25 2017 16:34:19 305012 192.168.3.8 57434 PUBLIC_IP 57434

Teardown dynamic TCP translation from NETWORK-MGMT-LAN:192.168.3.8/57434 to UNTRUST-WAN:PUBLIC-IP/57434 duration 0:00:30

I have a static route of route UNTRUST-WAN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 PUBLIC_IP 1

My Object Based NAT has not changed.

object network PRIVATE-WLAN-NETWORK
 nat (PRIVATE-WLAN,UNTRUST-WAN) dynamic interface.

I cannot seem to get the destination IP back in the log.

Any help I would appreciate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That syslog(305012) is meant to show the translation info and thats why you only see your real and mapped public ip address and not destination.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/syslog-guide/syslogs/logmsgs1.html

Check the syslogs when the connection is build, you will see the destination ip as well. 

-

AJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vgulinolite
Level 1
Level 1

sorry the object nat is:

object network NETWORK-MGMT-LAN-NETWORK
 nat (NETWORK-MGMT-LAN,UNTRUST-WAN) dynamic interface.

That syslog(305012) is meant to show the translation info and thats why you only see your real and mapped public ip address and not destination.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/syslog-guide/syslogs/logmsgs1.html

Check the syslogs when the connection is build, you will see the destination ip as well. 

-

AJ

Thank you for your reply, I am monitoring the logs as the connection builds and my public ip is all I am seeing as the destination when I visit a site on the internet.

Thank you after further reviewing my settings I had a few syslog ID's disabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card