Replies

asa 5506-x , firepower /var is almost full

dm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

There are no backups, no old updates:

/dev/vda7 38G 35G 675M 99% /var

What can I remove to clean up some space?

Thank you!

8 Replies 8

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of software are you running?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm, I was not able to find any defects associated with this behavior. I would recommend reaching out to Cisco TAC for further troubleshooting. Let us know what the outcome/resolution is!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Well, looks like most  of used space is

sudo du -sh /var/sf/SRU
21G /var/sf/SRU

/var/sf/SRU$ ls
Sourcefire_Rule_Update-2017-09-13-001-vrt.sh
Sourcefire_Rule_Update-2018-08-23-001-vrt.1535437652.info
Sourcefire_Rule_Update-2018-08-23-001-vrt.1535437652.lsm

etc..

Can I delete old files?

Thank you!

Generally speaking you can remove old SRU files. However, I'd still follow @nspasov 's advice and only do so with TAC assistance. (Unless it's just a lab and you wouldn't be doing anything service-affecting if you accidentally brick the device!)

"Generally speaking you can remove old SRU files."

OK, thank you! So, here is problem- firepower for some reason do not remove old files, this is, definitely, bug.

"brick the device"  firepower in asa 5506-x is VM, it is impossible to brick VM, it is always possible to install it again...

There are many, many ASA 5506's with Firepower service moduels that do delete the old SRU files. Yours may indeed be encountering a defect but no published defect causes that as first glance. It would be something the TAC could confirm and they can file a new defect report if that's the case.

While one can certainly re-install a Firepower service module, doing so renders the current installation completely gone so I would say that's the software equivalent of "bricking" a hardware appliance.

Marvin, well, ok.

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card