Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X no longer shows the ASA FirePOWER tab under Configuration

a.bulat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

- I'm using the default ASA firewall config (inside is 192.168.0.0/24) and setup the FirePOWER module to use 192.168.0.2/24. I can ping the FirePOWER module from my PC and from the ASA's CLI and can connect via SSH. 

- I've ran "show module" and the sfr module is Up/Up, and I have IP connection with the module from the ASA CLI.

- User which connecting through ssh, have level 15  

- Interface Management1/1 IP-Address:unassigned , OK?:Yes , Method:unset , Status:UP , Protocol:UP

- No managers configured and DC

- ASDM log from Java console show "Failed to connect to FirePOWER, continuing without it"

- ASA version - 7.6(1)

- ASDM version - 9.6(1)

- Firepower module version - 6.0.0-1005

- Java version on ASA - asdm-openjre-7151.bin

- On Windows Server Java version is 8 Update 251

- PC connecting through ASDM trying TLS 1.2

- ARP it's ok and ping and traceroute.

Help me please and thanks in advance.

13 Replies 13

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

follow this guide help you and post if still have issue with screenshots to understand the issue :

https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001107

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Also I have the issue with tab which don't appear 

- ASA version - 7.6(1)  - i take this as ASDM version 

- ASDM version - 9.6(1)  - i take this as ASA version ?

Looks for me some compatible issue - have you consider upgrading  ASDM 7.13 and SFR 6.2.X also latest stable ASA  9.12.X

BB

I will try to upgrade with follow kit:

ASA FirePOWER Version: 6.0.1
ASDM 7.6(1)
ASA 9.6(4)

All this is compatible with each other and after I will see if tab will appear 

Before the issue appear, I did software upgrade for ASDM 7.15.1 and ASA 9.14.2 and tab of services firepower disappear and after I have done rollback, but Firepower tab still can't see in ASDM. All services is UP in CLI and I followed this troubleshooting step from this link: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/adaptive-security-device-manager/200889-Using-ASDM-to-manage-a-FirePOWER-module.html

Services firepower disappear and after I have done rollback,   - I am more intrested to learn from yoy roll back - may be you need to understand rollback and contraints based on the downgrade in release notes.

I prefer to have ASA  9.12.X  stable, ASDM 7.14 or above and 6.2.X test and advice.

BB

I need to perform many integration for upgrade because I can't make direct upgrade from old old version to newest based on this information bellow:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/upgrade/fpmc-upgrade-guide/upgrade_asa_firepower.html

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your PC also on the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet?

Yes

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you upgraded to ASA 9.14(2) on your ASA 5506-X you went to an incompatible version for the Firepower service module.

ASA 9.10 and later is not compatible with the Firepower service module when running on ASA 5506-X. Also, the latest Firepower version that is supported on these is 6.2.3.x. Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

Yes I know and I did rollback like was before working version and doesn't appear.

Perhaps you could try clearing your Java cache. then relaunch ASDM

Java Control Panel > Temporary Internet Files > Settings > Delete Files.

Java clear cacheJava clear cache

I will try and give the feedback, thanks.

Nothing helped this step

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: