Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X seems to "DROP" or doesn't forward Pakets

maamann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have a couple of ASA 5506-X that have some GRE and VPN tunnels pass through.

In the past it happened that some tunnels no longer worked. No changes were made and there weren't any drops to the firewall. The problem could only be solved by rebooting the ASA. Is this a known bug or does someone else have similar problems?

Release is Software Version 9.8(4)20

Regards Markus

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i aware of any bugs, but what you see on Logs ? when you reboot it re-establish tunnel.

we need to look the config - how long this was working before it failed to work ?- what kind of bandwidth you have ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB

If we reboot the ASA everything works fine again.

we have no log entries that shows any incident that could point to a problem . Bandwidth is not a Problem we talk about all over 50 Mbit that runs through the ASA .

It worked for Weeks or Month , the only thing that i can say it happens from this point in time randomly on different Firewalls and reboot solves the Problem , how long , i don't know .

Regards Markus

If logging is enabled and possibly being sent to an external Syslog server, then I would review the logs when this issue happen, and try to correlate the root cause of this.

Hi Aref

there is noting to see in the syslogs that could point to an issue .

Regards Markus

I would search on Cisco bug search tool, if nothing reported in there, I would try to upgrade the code to the latest suggested release. If that does not make a difference, I would go for TAC.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card