Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506X Firepower with Configure teminal command

petpkcui1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I can't type configure terminal command with my asa 5506, does this command has been replaced to the another command? Any one can explain to me this issue ? 

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are only a limited set of commands available in the FTD cli. There is no "configure terminal" available.

Configuration (beyond the basic network setup and adding a manager) is done almost completely via the GUI (Firepower Device Manager for local configuration or Firepower Management Center for remote management).

You can drop from the FTD cli into the "LINA" cli to see some ASA type configurations but you cannot configure from there. For that use the "system support diagnostic-cli" command. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

Are you in enable mode? (hostname#)
If not, use command enable to enter enable mode.

br, Micke

Are you trying to configure an ASA that you have reimaged with an FTD image? or an ASA with the FirePower module?

If you have an ASA with the FirePower module then it is quite possible that it is still connected to the FTD command line and you need to break out  of it using Ctrl + Shift + 6.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

i'm in firepower boot and there is options i have :(

Hi all,

When i boot it using boot CLI, i have a few options , while FTD , i have more option but i still can't access enable or configuration mode.

There are only a limited set of commands available in the FTD cli. There is no "configure terminal" available.

Configuration (beyond the basic network setup and adding a manager) is done almost completely via the GUI (Firepower Device Manager for local configuration or Firepower Management Center for remote management).

You can drop from the FTD cli into the "LINA" cli to see some ASA type configurations but you cannot configure from there. For that use the "system support diagnostic-cli" command. 

Thanks Marvin,
As your comment, i can use enable command if using system support diagnostic-cli.
So, must i use asdm to configure parametes like hostname, timezone...

Thanks for Help

An ASA running FTD image does not use ASDM at all.

It uses either FDM or FMC (local and remote managers respectively).

FDM (shown below) can configure hostname. Timezone configuration is not allowed after initial setup when using FDM. For that you have to move up to the full featured FMC system for management.

FDM.PNG

Thanks for help, Marvin
This is the fisrt time i have used Asa FWNG, it quite different with traditional fw so it very difficult for me .
Anyway, thanks for your help :D
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card