cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Firewal ACL HITCOUNT

agrayson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple question but I am having a hard time getting an answer. WHen you do show access-list command on the ASA 5510 there is a hit count ....i know how to clear that but I want to knowis there a default timer that will clear the hit count ? Or does the hit count remain till I clear the count? I am trying to clean up some ACLs and for future troubleshooting I would like to know that. I dont want to remove an ACL entry with 0 hitcount and then it is needed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The counters are there until one of two things happen; you clear them manually or you reboot the device. There are no timers to clear the counters. We usually clear the counters, let it run for a month or so then clean it up.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The counters are there until one of two things happen; you clear them manually or you reboot the device. There are no timers to clear the counters. We usually clear the counters, let it run for a month or so then clean it up.

Hope that helps.

Thanks thats great ...good ideal I just dont want to remove something and break it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: