Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 monitoring loses SNMP connectivity with SCOM 2012 every 30 minutes

bloodomen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently implementing Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, the curent stage of the project is to add the network devices to SCOM via SNMP in order to monitor them, I am able to add them all and monitor; however, my ASA 5510, although SCOM discovers the ASA via SNMP and adds it to the network monitoring list, it loses SNMP connectivy every 30 minutes, and 15 later it reconnect with SCOM, then after another 15 minutes it loses the connection again, and so on and so for.

Does any one have some ideas why this could be happening? any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks and have a good day.

3 Replies 3

bloodomen
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add the error in event viewer from the Windows Server where SCOM is isntalled:

SNMP GET request to IP Address ASA_IP_Address has timed out. This can be due to the device being offline or to the workflow using incorrect credentials.

The fact is the SNMP account used to access the ASA 5510 is the same SNMP account used to access all my network devices and they do not present this problem.

I too am working with SCOM 2012 and an ASA 5510 exhibiting the same problem.  Was there any resolution to this?

This is the article that lead me to the solution

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mihai/archive/2012/05/14/reducing-the-maximum-number-of-oids-queried-in-a-single-batch-in-om-2012.aspx

I’m using OpsMgr 2012 R2.  I started with MaxOidsPerRequest set to 30 and monitoring was going well for two ASA 5510s.  I have raised the number to 40 and am waiting to see if there are any issues.  It is a decimal value and I set it on both management servers in the resource pool for network devices.  Both management servers are Windows 2012 R2.  I had to create the key and value.  It did not exist.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: