cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5512-fwpr-k9 failover (Active/Standby)

mohameddz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone;

I want to buy 2 ASA 5512-fwpr-k9 and I want to make them on Active/Standby is that possible ?

if yes; should I have 2 licenses (L-ASA5512-TAMC-3Y) one for each or should I have just one between them ?

are this model provided with Security plus ?

thank's in advence

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need the Security Plus license to enable failover (Active-Standby) on the ASA 5512 platform. 

For the FirePOWER modules, you will need TAMC (or TA or TAM - depending on which of the three feature sets you want) licenses for both modules.

The modules have no concept of HA between them - each is configured and licensed separately (or optionally configured as part of a group in an off-box FirePOWER Manager).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need the Security Plus license to enable failover (Active-Standby) on the ASA 5512 platform. 

For the FirePOWER modules, you will need TAMC (or TA or TAM - depending on which of the three feature sets you want) licenses for both modules.

The modules have no concept of HA between them - each is configured and licensed separately (or optionally configured as part of a group in an off-box FirePOWER Manager).

Thanks a lot Marvin;

please I have another question;

are ASA 5512 and ASA 5512-X the same ?

do Security Plus license is provided with it by default or should I buy it separetly.

thanks.

The Cisco ordering SKU is "ASA5512-K9" (for example - there are a few other minor variations). That includes the ASA 5512-X appliance.

The Security Plus license is NOT included by default on the 5512 (and smaller platforms) and must be specified in the order (or ordered separately later).

If specified in the order, the sub-line item is "ASA5512-SEC-PL". If ordered separately it is "L-ASA5512-SEC-PL=".

thank you for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: