cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5515-x SFP Command

Gentry
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5515-x and added module ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-A. From the CLI, the interface is showing as GigabitEthernet1/0, and when I enter the command "media-type SFP," it says invalid input. The ASA has an SFP connector, which is up and running. Is there a specific license to enable this feature? Thanks

INFO:

sh inven
Name: "Chassis", DESCR: "ASA 5515-X with SW, 6 GE Data, 1 GE Mgmt, AC"
PID: ASA5515 , VID: V04 , SN:

Name: "module 1", DESCR: "ASA 5512-X/5515-X Interface Card 6-port GE SFP, SX/LX"
PID: ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-A , VID: N/A , SN: N/A

This platform has an ASA 5515 Security Plus license.

System image file is "disk0:/asa983-16-smp-k8.bin"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes correct - it is no difference in the interface (maybe you expected ethernet - means RJ45) 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Name: "module 1", DESCR: "ASA 5512-X/5515-X Interface Card 6-port GE SFP, SX/LX"
PID: ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-A , VID: N/A , SN: N/A

ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-A, it only supports SFP ports, there is no command required to convert them SFP again by native it is SFP, this add additional 6 SFP ports. you can configure the ports are usual with the right Optics SFP.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/gigabit-ethernet-gbic-sfp-modules/product_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

BB

I have an SFP connector (Cisco GLC-LH-SM - 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP) installed. So, from what you're saying even though from the ASDM or CLI that the interface is showing GigabitEthernet it's actually SFP? Thanks

yes correct - it is no difference in the interface (maybe you expected ethernet - means RJ45) 

BB

Thanks balaji. I appreciate your feedback.

fgfuentes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Gentry is recently just installed the ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-C on my ASA 5545-X, but I have the same issue that the media-type command is not available on the ASA CLI, therefore when I try to change it by ASDM i get an error. Did it still worked for you without change the media type???

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.00.28 AM.png

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Cisco ASA 5545-X running iOS 9.14(2), and the "media type" command under the interface configuration is not supported. I installed the I/O card ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-C, but havent been able to test the SPF ports. Wondering if this may affect its connectivity

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card