Views
Helpful
Replies

Asa 5516-X crashing 9.8(1)

ciscoenginner79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. 

I found my Asa crashing randomly. We use one of the 5516Asa  9.8(1) and FP 6.2 on it. The Firewall crash last week 3 times a day then works fine for another 2 months and crash again. Crash I mean no access to rhe asa even CLI not respond all port led works as usual. On the switch 3650 log says link down and lacp suspend on the remots port. The logs on asa says only connection to Sfr fail. Do You have any idea how to start troubleshooting or have similar problems.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kindly read Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Web Services Denial of Service Vulnerability

Pay close attention to the Exploitation and Public Announcements section which states:  In September 2019, the Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) became aware of additional attempted exploitation of this vulnerability in the wild.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

make sure all the debug are of on the asa. could be some how it could using it high cpu. check the crash file on othe ASA.

give a command show crashinfo.

also do the upgrade to 9.12.2 its a gold start and stable release.

please do not forget to rate.

can you upload your firewall configuration. hid the public ip addresses and username and password. so we can look what is causing the issue.

please do not forget to rate.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kindly read Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Web Services Denial of Service Vulnerability

Pay close attention to the Exploitation and Public Announcements section which states:  In September 2019, the Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) became aware of additional attempted exploitation of this vulnerability in the wild.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And here is another:  Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Remote Code Execution and Denial of Service Vulnerability

Same as above, this vulnerability is actively being exploited in the wild.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: