Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 7.2 Source & Destination nat

e2042525a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to NAT source & destination addresses (twice nat) on an ASA5520 running 7.2(5) ?

4 Replies 4

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Might be possible with using 2 Policy NAT configurations but to be honest I never used this kind of setup in a production environment.

And now that we have moved to the new software its easier to do with a single "nat" configuration command for both source and destination.

Maybe you could give a better description on what you are actually trying to achieve?

- Jouni

Hi JouniForss, thanks for the reply.

I have traffic coming through the ASA and I need it to present on the other side of the ASA on a particular source & destination IP.

Source

Destination

Natted Source

Natted Destination

Hi,

Do notice that even if the actual NAT configuration I suggest would be correct, it might still require some routing additions depending on the actual setup where this is used.

access-list IN-OUT-POLICYNAT permit ip host 1.1.1.1 host 4.4.4.4

static (inside,outside) 3.3.3.3 access-list IN-OUT-POLICYNAT

access-list OUT-IN-POLICYNAT permit ip host 2.2.2.2 host 3.3.3.3

static (outside,inside)  4.4.4.4 access-list OUT-IN-POLICYNAT

Also, have a look at this discussion I answered some time ago that related to similiar situation.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3903621

Remember to mark the question as answered if it did or rate helpfull answers. Otherwise ask more if needed

- Jouni

Following should do it

acl ABC 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2

static (inside,outside) 3.3.3.3 access-list ABC

static (outside,inside) 2.2.2.2 4.4.4.4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card