Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Hangs during boot process

bassono_t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem getting my ASA 5520 boot properly. I first though of a flash problem and did a flash erase in ROMMON, then it brought error 15 during boot (No images found in / Error 15: File not found). I then TFTPied and image from Rommon, when done loading the image and start booting, the system hangs and nothing else.

Attached is the screen I got on my console during boot up. BTW, the system was in the same state before I undertook any of the above actions.

I don't have a service contract, so I can't contact TAC.

Any help will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried to leave it on for long period to see if it actually loads the OS?

Mike

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that but nothing came up, when I connect back to then console after leaving the system on for a long time, nothing displays; but when I power cycle the system, then it displays the boot up process on the console until it halts and hangs there (Ref previous attachement).

Still exploring!

Hi,

It seems to be some sort of a known issue, would it be possible for you to upgrade the firewall software version, may be to 7.2.4 or 7.2.5 or 8.0

Anyways its not working, so lets give upgrade a shot.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card