cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Update | 8.4(7)30 -> 9.9 Compatibility and ASDM launcher?

Ayayo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

i want to update my 2 5520 ASA's from Version 8.4 to 9.9.

Question 1:

According to the release notes an update from 8.4 to 9.9 in 1 step should be no problem but i cant find the model 5520 in the compatibility check. Is it supported?

(https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html)

Question2:

Does the update on my ASA include a new Version of the ASDM launcher or do i have to update it manually. Current Version is 7.5, for 9.9 the recommended Version is 7.9(2+).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. The link is only for the newer ASA models 5500-X, for the 5520 the latest image available is 9.1

2. You need to upgrade the ASDM image separately

HTH

Bogdan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. The link is only for the newer ASA models 5500-X, for the 5520 the latest image available is 9.1

2. You need to upgrade the ASDM image separately

HTH

Bogdan

Thank you for the answer. My plan was to wait for the last upcoming update in mid July and then update the ASA to the last version that will be released (end of support).

Do you know if theres any information about the upcoming final Version and compatibility with 5520. Or is 9.1 the final Version for 5520.

They will probably stick with 9.1 and go with a minor release which will not add new features just address the bugs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card