Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525-X Power Button

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

during a maintenance window some colleague powered off an ASA 5525X by keeping the power button pushed until it powered down.

When we tried to power it back on it does not come back. Unplugged and re-plugged the power cable and still no luck. It refuses to come back on although we tried leaving it to power up by itself or tried pressing the button for 3-10 seconds or push it repeatedly.

When we put the power plug in the interfaces light up (which means that power is passed to them from the PSU so probably not a faulty PSU).

Any ideas maybe???? |Anyone???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

just ti let you know the problem has been fixed.

I read somewhere on Cisco that the new (5500-X series) ASA's have a "double" power on sequence where they first power on the bootrom module  and then power on the main board to complete the power on sequence and start the appliance. So it said that sometimes the sequence can get stuck between these two "power on's".

What i did? I left the ASA off power for the weekend (it is an active/standby failover pair member so i took a small risk) and on Monday afternoon i replugged the power and voila!!! It works fine now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you see any LED in the Front, if not it failed,  if you have smartnet contract raise TAC case for RMA.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Is there any output on the serial console?

Unfortunately no. There is no output on a console line.

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

just ti let you know the problem has been fixed.

I read somewhere on Cisco that the new (5500-X series) ASA's have a "double" power on sequence where they first power on the bootrom module  and then power on the main board to complete the power on sequence and start the appliance. So it said that sometimes the sequence can get stuck between these two "power on's".

What i did? I left the ASA off power for the weekend (it is an active/standby failover pair member so i took a small risk) and on Monday afternoon i replugged the power and voila!!! It works fine now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card