cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5545X - ASDM Keeps Asking to Save to Flash

Ben Cargill
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ASA 5545X firewalls in an Active/Active Failover setup.  Running 9.1.5-21 and ASDM 7.17.

I'm experiencing a strange behavior when in ASDM and jumping from context to context.  After the first time I make a change to any context, and save, after that every time I move to another context on the firewall i keep getting prompted for save to flash.  I do not make any changes, but still it keeps prompting to save.  "The configuration has been modified.  Do you want to save the running configuration to flash memory.."

Its not a huge issue, but does seem odd to me, and didn't know if this was normal.

1 Reply 1

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

This behavior is not normal. One should not receive this prompt while jumping between Context to Context. But, I tried this in my setup with same ASA and ASDM version and was not able to replicate this issue.

Could you please try upgrading your ASDM version to 731 and see if it resolves the issue.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any other query , please let me know.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: