Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5555-X

Good Morning Team,

I have ASA 5555-X on Version 9.1(1) I wish to upgrade it to the latest version. I can't get my head round the upgrade path. Can anyone please advice?

Thank you

9 Replies 9

Hi,

This cisco document covers the upgrade process in detail.

You can download the ASA software here. You should select one of the recommend versions

You should also upgrade your ASDM version inline with the ASA software.

HTH

RJI,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I gather from 9.1(1) I need to upgrade to 9.1(2) first however, I can't find this in the downloads area?

Thanks again

As @Rob Ingram mentioned also bear in mind if you going to 9.1(1) to 9.13 in that case you have to follow this document. as you can not make a jump from 9.1 to 9.13. you have to take baby step in between here also you need to make sure your ASA code does support the SFR moduel if you using with ASA. 

please do not forget to rate.

Hi Sharaz,

Also thanks for getting back so quickly. As above I now have managed to upgrade ASDM to 7.13 but just can't find the appropriate 9.1(2) image in download area. 

I find only 9.1.1 onward have a look into photo

9.1.7.PNG

Down loaded the asa917-16-smp-k8.bin loaded it via ASDM and get the following message:
"File had been uploaded to flash successfully, File is not a valid ASA image" going in to show flash i don't see the new image. Any Ideas ?

seem to be a bug CSCvk71176  and CSCud03838 

try to download it via SSH or telnet if you have access to it.

Tried via tftp file started to download !!!!!!!! then failed stating doesn't contain a Cfg file ?

I spent some good time to see what is work around for you to get you on stable release. as you running 9.1(1) in order to go 9.x you need jump 9.1(2). now the problem is 9.1(2) does not exist on cisco software support. so now what option we have left. so now

option1.

check your flash drive in asa if you have 9.0.x  version if so than you can go with 9.6/9.12 stable release version. you have to change the boorvar value to 9.0.x and reload the unit (prior to this you assume to have a 9.6/9.12 in hand) than again when unit come on line with 9.0 you have to change the bootvar to 9.6/9.12 and reload again.

option2.

if you have a support contract with cisco/or cisco partner open a case. 

let me know how it goes. very strange situation...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card