cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585 upgrade from 9.1(7)29 to 9.6.4, has anyone had any issues after upgrading?

I am looking into upgrading my ASA, ASA 9.2 and 9.4 have EOS EOL dates similar to my current version 9.1.  I am wondering if anyone has upgraded from 9.1 directly to 9.6?  I upgraded from 9.1(4) to 9.6.3 a year ago and encountered issues with one of the policies.  I had to revert back to 9.1 and the traffic started to work again (it went to TCP FIN to SYN TIMEOUT, then when I reverted back the traffic is back to TCP FIN).  I am wondering if the latest version in 9.6 will cause the same issues and if anyone else has experienced these issues.  I am already on ASDM version 7.6.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

upgrades we did not see any issue, what kind of setup, is the HA environment ? then it is easy.

If not you need to upgrade under change window

check the matrix of upgrade path of 9.6

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa96/release/notes/asarn96.html#reference_DA953A70AAC947CA8D62145A20A7F793

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the key to this is to check and double check the supported upgrade paths, there is tons of documentation on cisco.com on this. once you decide on the version, check the release notes and check open caveats.

you might want to decide to do a stages upgrade none the less. so to 9.4 then to 9.6 for instance

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card