Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X Howto change failover group 1 from secondary to primary

I have two identical ASA 5585 working in Active/Active. On Primary Unit i want to change

failover group 1

secondary

failover group 2

preempt

to

failover group 1

primary

failover group 2

primary

After configuring this change;

spyker/pri/act# conf t

spyker/pri/act(config)# failover group 1

spyker/pri/act(config-fover-group)# primary

spyker/pri/act(config)# failover group 2

spyker/pri/act(config-fover-group)# primary

spyker/pri/act(config-fover-group)# end

spyker/pri/act# end

I got the following situation

spyker/pri/act# sh run failover

failover group 1

failover group 2

Something seems to be missing ? Is it necessary first to disable failover or did I get the correct Output ?

any hint may help to solve my confusion

Thanks Manfred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is normal since the primary command is the default one, so when you configure it and you do show run failover, it will not show up. However, if you use the command show run all failover, you should see it along with the other default settings. Also, please keep in mind that the command preempt might be useful if you want the failover group to take back control of the original role when the failure is cleared.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In active / active context you want to make failover group active :

Forcing Failover

Enter the following command in the system execution space of the unit where the failover group is in the standby state:

hostname# failover active group group_id

Or, enter the following command in the system execution space of the unit where the failover group is in the active state:

hostname# no failover active group group_id

Entering the following command in the system execution space causes all failover groups to become active:

hostname# failover active

like more reference :

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

That is normal since the primary command is the default one, so when you configure it and you do show run failover, it will not show up. However, if you use the command show run all failover, you should see it along with the other default settings. Also, please keep in mind that the command preempt might be useful if you want the failover group to take back control of the original role when the failure is cleared.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card