cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.0(5)23: wrong file on download site?

mrpoff001
Level 1
Level 1

The download site shows ASA image asa805-23-k8.bin as being exactly the same size (and same date) as asa805-20-k8.bin. Does anyone know if the wrong file has been posted for asa805-23-k8.bin?

Thanks

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Good catch, those notes seem to be incorrect (8.0.5.23 was just released in the past week or two).

The images are actually different, as you'll see from the MD5 hashes on the files. I tested them in the lab just to be sure and they are correct based on their file names. In other words, the images are correct but the details published on the software download page are not.

I'll see if I can get the 8.0.5.23 details updated to aleviate the confusion.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

UPDATE: Just to clarify, only the release date is incorrect. The sizes are the same for both images.

Message was edited by: mirober2

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Good catch, those notes seem to be incorrect (8.0.5.23 was just released in the past week or two).

The images are actually different, as you'll see from the MD5 hashes on the files. I tested them in the lab just to be sure and they are correct based on their file names. In other words, the images are correct but the details published on the software download page are not.

I'll see if I can get the 8.0.5.23 details updated to aleviate the confusion.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

UPDATE: Just to clarify, only the release date is incorrect. The sizes are the same for both images.

Message was edited by: mirober2

OK, thanks for the clarification, Mike!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card