cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 9.1 PAT port translation issue...

netguyz08
Level 1
Level 1

NAT'ing external port 8080 to go to port 80 internally isn't working for me. Seems the auto/dynamic NAT statement for the server is working, and will just forward to port 80 when I try it, but not port 8080. Searched all over and it seems I have all of the needed components for what I am trying to do (and worked fine in 8.2).

But since the NAT statement is getting 0 hits, I'm thinking I might be missing a key statement for 9.1:

(1.1.1.1 = ext./public IP and 192.168.1.100 = internal IP)

object network srv1
 host 192.168.1.100
object network srv1_ext
 host 1.1.1.1
object network srv1-01
 host 192.168.1.100

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any4 object srv1 eq 8080

object network srv1
 nat (inside,outside) static srv1_ext
object network obj_any
 nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface
object network srv1-01
 nat (inside,outside) static srv1_ext service tcp 8080 80

Even tried removing the "nat (inside,outside) static srv1_ext" statement in case that was getting hit first, and it didn't make a difference.

-Ed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The users on the Internet use port 8080 and your server is using port 80? Then your commands are wrong:

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any4 object srv1 eq 80
!
object network srv1-01
 nat (inside,outside) static srv1_ext service tcp 80 8080

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The users on the Internet use port 8080 and your server is using port 80? Then your commands are wrong:

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any4 object srv1 eq 80
!
object network srv1-01
 nat (inside,outside) static srv1_ext service tcp 80 8080

That did it, but I had started with the ports the way you described and it appeared that only port 80 was working...

What I *also* had to do was eliminate this NAT statement:

object network srv1
 nat (inside,outside) static srv1_ext

Otherwise it came before the other statement and allowed port 80 and 8080 would never work.

I eventually took that general NAT statement and refined to to the other service I wanted to allow for the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card