Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and PIX integration ?

albertobrivio42
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL,

as a firewalling solution I have a PIX 515E version 6.3(4) and in the near future I have to connect to a company partner, and I'd like to implement a VPN between two Cisco equipment, my PIX to my side and a new ASA 5510 by partner side. What I have to do is to share LANs like were a big one.

My question is, with my PIX and a new ASA could I implement that scenario ( I'm thinking to different equipments, different software and different commands) ?

Regards

Alberto Brivio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Alberto,

The only difference between the 2 devices is th hardware. If you wanted to, you could upgrade your PIX to the same version of IOS as the ASA - but to be honest they are fully compatible as is.

As long as the PIX has 64mbs of memory, you will be able to run the same version of IOS that the ASA will be running.

HTH>

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Alberto,

The only difference between the 2 devices is th hardware. If you wanted to, you could upgrade your PIX to the same version of IOS as the ASA - but to be honest they are fully compatible as is.

As long as the PIX has 64mbs of memory, you will be able to run the same version of IOS that the ASA will be running.

HTH>

victor_87
Level 1
Level 1

Why are you even worried about the hardware.

You can setup a L2L VPN between an ASA and a local made DSL router that has VPN capabilities. PIX does have VPN capabilities in OS v 6.3 so u can go ahead and setup a vpn. no issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card