cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA asa912-k8.bin Image

Senbonzakura
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening everyone, I need some help on an issue I'm running into.

Currently, the image on my ASA 5510 Firewall is gone. The image I had before was asa912-k8.bin and it's gone even on the backup I had just in case this happened. I contacted Cisco and I pretty much got told that this equipment isn't supported anymore and they can't give it to me and I don't have permissions to download it from the site anyways!

But before, someone helped me and gave me a copy of the image when I was trying to update it for my ASDM Software even then my equipment wasn't supported anymore.

Is there anyway for me to download the asa912-k8.bin image? Until then, I can't even use my Firewall.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you have access to Cisco Download page? if so, try to download back the image from their website. For that you must have had a contract at some point.

Have you tried to ask Cisco to get the latest software which include the latest security patches? They might be able to give you it.

Are you in contact with your local Cisco representative? If so, you can ask them.

I personally can't give you any image as it is not allowed, but have you searched on google?

You can use your FW but don't reboot it otherwise you'll be in troubles as it won't boot.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you have access to Cisco Download page? if so, try to download back the image from their website. For that you must have had a contract at some point.

Have you tried to ask Cisco to get the latest software which include the latest security patches? They might be able to give you it.

Are you in contact with your local Cisco representative? If so, you can ask them.

I personally can't give you any image as it is not allowed, but have you searched on google?

You can use your FW but don't reboot it otherwise you'll be in troubles as it won't boot.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Cisco did not provide support because ASA-5510 has already reached EOL.

Agree with Francesco, Google might help a lot.

Yeah, they're going to pull up the old case from about 5 months ago and see about doing the same thing they did before.

Sadly, I don't have access to even the download page but before they helped me update the firmware so I could use ASDM and that's when they gave me the most updated firmware. That's the case they will be looking at, so now I just have to wait and see what happens before I decide on what I do next.

Thanks again for your thoughts. Its appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card