cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Firepower 5516 hang or stop working everyday

shahjs2002
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco ASA firepower 5516 which stop working or hang everyday between 3 AM to 4 AM since last 1 month. 

i have noted when it's stop working or hang i even i am not able to access using by console . all ports stop works and blinking continues... when i restart ASA by cut power or using on off button after that it's start work.

one day i restart and connect via console then i found it's stop work after while attach file ASA1-1.txt available for those logs.

please help in this case . if need any information let me know will provide. 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
MCSE, VCP-DCV5, CCIP, CCNP, CCNA, MCP, OFC
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Consider upgrading the software to stable release to 9.8.4. seem like you hitting a bug CSCvh85514 CSCvk20851

you hitting a bug Thread Name: Unicorn Proxy Thread

I also noted your unit need a firmware upgrade too. you running "Cisco Systems ROMMON, Version 1.1.8" new firmware is 1.1.15 here 

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

Hi Shahzad

here is the link. download 9.8.4 its stable and Gold Star release.

upgrade.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Consider upgrading the software to stable release to 9.8.4. seem like you hitting a bug CSCvh85514 CSCvk20851

you hitting a bug Thread Name: Unicorn Proxy Thread

I also noted your unit need a firmware upgrade too. you running "Cisco Systems ROMMON, Version 1.1.8" new firmware is 1.1.15 here 

Thank you very much for your reply Sheraz Salim, can you please suggest any stable release according to our ASA firepower 5516. i attach file for more info.  

if you need more information let me know thank you . 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

Hi Shahzad

here is the link. download 9.8.4 its stable and Gold Star release.

upgrade.PNG

Thank you for your suggestion , is there any way to download without service contract?

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

Shehzad normally you need a  service contract with cisco or you can reach your local cisco rep.

Thank you , we will get in touch with Local Cisco rep. to continue get support and services for Cisco. 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card