Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA FP Service IPS 3Y-Subscription license

ab_ahmadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We buy a  brand new ASA 5525 with FP service (Bundle) with L-ASA5525-TAM-3Y  to have the IPS/App/AMP services for 3 year. After installation I can’t find any info about the IPS expiration date on FMC. The license section of FMC only show the “Protection Control” license is valid and expiration is NEVER (I think that is the perpetual free license?) , but show the expiration date for MALWARE protection a specific date. so where is the 3Year IPS license subscription? my manager suspect that the partner never installed the L-ASA5525-TAM-3Y   and gust installed the Free Control License.

I attached the FMC license page

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Refer to the table 3 in the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v61/licensing_firepower_system.html#ID-2240-00000035

The TAM licenses includes the Protection and Malware feature set. Control comes along with the device. Out of these 3, only the Malware license is capable of expiry. Protection and Control never expire, but you need to have a valid TAM license to pull updates etc.

View solution in original post

lupingyao
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot see the end date of the SKU that you ordered on the Paper document, FMC or the Cisco account. You can only see this 3 years on the contract of what you have ordered. You can check the end date of the contract through Cisco Service Contract Center.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Refer to the table 3 in the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v61/licensing_firepower_system.html#ID-2240-00000035

The TAM licenses includes the Protection and Malware feature set. Control comes along with the device. Out of these 3, only the Malware license is capable of expiry. Protection and Control never expire, but you need to have a valid TAM license to pull updates etc.

Unfortunately, that seems to have been a mistake on Cisco's part that they have "fixed" with the Firepower Threat Defense software. The new FTD install (native on ASA rather than ASA+Firepower Services) makes the IPS (which used to be Protection and Control) a separate license that must be purchased and expires after 1 or 3 years. I think there may be a 5 year option as well. The perpetual license is only for basic application identification, so you can block things like Facebook but you get no IPS functionality (or malware, URL filter) out of the box anymore.

lupingyao
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot see the end date of the SKU that you ordered on the Paper document, FMC or the Cisco account. You can only see this 3 years on the contract of what you have ordered. You can check the end date of the contract through Cisco Service Contract Center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: