cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA in transparent mode to access IIS Webserver on inside network remotely

prutagwera
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently dropped an ASA 5512x firewall in transparent mode.in a network between an 1841 router which connects to the internet and an inside network which is on a class C network. All that i previously  needed was to allow tcp traffic on port 80 and everything else was blocked. The inside  network has an IIS Webserver which was only  accessible from inside . Now need has come to access this webserver  remotely . I need help in creating access to this Webserver securely by configuring the ASA.

2 Replies 2

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

Se this link:

Information About Transparent Firewall Mode

Allowing Layer 3 Traffic

IPv4 and IPv6 traffic is allowed through the transparent firewall automatically from a higher security interface to a lower security interface, without an access list. ARPs are allowed through the transparent firewall in both directions without an access list. ARP traffic can be controlled by ARP inspection. For Layer 3 traffic travelling from a low to a high security interface, an extended access list is required on the low security interface. See Chapter 11 "Adding an Extended Access List," or Chapter 15 "Adding an IPv6 Access List," for more information.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight
We would need a bit more information on the design itself.

High Level - are you going to do the External NAT for the IIS Server on the 1841 router? Ideally all your rules for anything coming from the Outside to the WebServer would be handled on the router and then just ensure you are allowing the same traffic/ports through your bridged interfaces.

If you have a basic diagram of how this is connected and any ACLs on your bridged interfaces on the ASA it would help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: