cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA: IPSec Tunnel to 880 Router Sitting Behind DSL Modem

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Please give me a sanity check on whether or not I need to request from the ISP a hard coated ip address in order to make the following work:

ASA at headquarters and 880 router in a remote home office sitting behind a DSL modem. All I see in the documentation is the need for the peers to be clearly specified by IP address.

Please point me to the document if there is some other method to do this or I am reading things incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

pmccubbin wrote:

Please give me a sanity check on whether or not I need to request from the ISP a hard coated ip address in order to make the following work:

ASA at headquarters and 880 router in a remote home office sitting behind a DSL modem. All I see in the documentation is the need for the peers to be clearly specified by IP address.

Please point me to the document if there is some other method to do this or I am reading things incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul

Well you will need a static IP for one end but the other end can be dynamic eg -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094a87.shtml

Is this what you are asking ?

Jon

Thanks, Jon. A "5" from NYC for helping me keep my sanity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card