Helpful
Replies

ASA recommended software

carl.townshend
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

We have a Cisco ASA 5545 with software version - 9.8(4)41

We are having lots of strange issues going on with NAT, whenever we add objects, or amend NAT rules, it deletes random rules, changes source and dest ranges and randomly reorders them, this is causing us lots of issues.

Has anyone seen this?

What is the recommended stable version we should upgrade to?

Cheers

5 Replies 5

""randomly reorders them""
I dont think there is issue with ordering, the reordering is default behave of ASA, 
132805-Sections-Ordering.jpg

Hi

The issue is with the Manual NAT rules, each time we change one, it appears to delete another or re order them, definitely looks like a software bug.

What version of code is recommended that we can go straight to?

cheers

Which software do you use to manage NAT and ACL rules? Is it CSM, ASDM or CLI? With CLI, what you describe should never happen. With CSM I faced with NAT reordering once, but this was very corner case too, caused by "inactive" NAT rules. Blind ASA software upgrade won't probably help you until you get to the root cause of the issue.

I totally agree with you.

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @carl.townshend,

I would advise to go for latest 9.12 Interim release (as of this moment that would be 9.12.4-54). Although highest supported version would be 9.14 for this platform, it will have shorter lifetime than 9.12.

Kind regards,

Milos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card