Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA secondary - failed

Hello,

My secondary ASA shows failed in the output of show failover because of a down interface. I was wondering will the failover work automatically if the active fails or failover will not work because the secondary is in a failed state

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The failover will not work if the other host is in a failed state. For the failover to work you need to have the other host in standby ready mode.

Also if the interface is not monitored it should not influence the state. To monitor an interface following command can be used:  monitor-interface <interface-name> .

HTH

Bogdan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the secondary shows as failed then I would expect failover not to work. If there is a down interface on the secondary can you do something to bring it up? Or can you remove that interface from monitoring?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The failover will not work if the other host is in a failed state. For the failover to work you need to have the other host in standby ready mode.

Also if the interface is not monitored it should not influence the state. To monitor an interface following command can be used:  monitor-interface <interface-name> .

HTH

Bogdan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card