cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA syslog connection lost

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I have a new ASA installed at a client that is running 8.2. Whenever I am in the ASDM looking at the log monitor, the syslog connection keeps dropping every few minutes. I 8.2 running at other clients and do not have an issue. Any help would be great.

TIA,

Dan

4 Replies 4

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

If the server connection was lost after the initial connection was made, then the server and network connections must be checked. If the initial connection is lost immediately, this could indicate an SSL authentication problem.

wowsersusa
Level 1
Level 1

Dan,

I had a similar issue with about 15 ASA's working fine but 1 was giving me a syslog disconnect. I looked and this is apparently a bug. I am still working around the issue by changing my ASDM severity level to Warnings. However this does not provide me with enough detail all the time for trouble shooting.

The bug ID for me is CSCsy04974

Syslog 113019 Disconnect reason not working

Also, if you create your own event list with the ID's in them I have not had it do a disconnect for me.

I have the following entries in my event list.

106001-106008

302010-302020

Also if you found another fix any help would be appreciated.

I haven't found anything else yet, but if I do, I will let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: