cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Virtual Appliance

abbasali5
Level 1
Level 1

Does ASA Virtual Appliance such as v50 support Threat Prevention, Malware, and URL Filtering features.

I am not able to find any documentation on CCO if this is supported.  The Cisco CCW tool doesn't even give an option to add those packages.

Thank You!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Virtual ASA (ASAv) has nearly the same features as an ASA hardware platform, except no support for multi-context, clustering, and port channel. Threat defence, malware, etc. are not ASA features. Those are Firepower Next Generation Firewall features. Those NGFW features are also available in a virtual Firepower Threat Defense (FTDv).

BTW, there is no plan for EOL on ASA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASAv has Limited feature compare to Full blown ASA Appliance. I do not believe or aware that features supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/adaptive-security-virtual-appliance-asav/datasheet-c78-733399.html

Other note, ASA soon going to be end of Life, why not Look virtual FTD has your features to support.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Virtual ASA (ASAv) has nearly the same features as an ASA hardware platform, except no support for multi-context, clustering, and port channel. Threat defence, malware, etc. are not ASA features. Those are Firepower Next Generation Firewall features. Those NGFW features are also available in a virtual Firepower Threat Defense (FTDv).

BTW, there is no plan for EOL on ASA.

Hi

Cisco ASAv has limited features. Cisco NGFWv has all the features you are referring to.

Here are the features supported

Capture.PNG

You can get more information  @ https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/global/da_dk/assets/pdfs/cisco_virtual_update_cisco_firewalls_i_azure_og_amazon_web_services.pdf

Spooster IT Services Team
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card