Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5508-X, ASA 9.16(4)19 & ASDM 7.19(1)94 not showing IPv6 hitcounts

I have an ASA5508-X running the very latest ASA & ASDM versions.  In the ASDM GUI, on the Access Rules page, none of the IPv6 rules are showing any hits, however from the CLI I can see hits.

I'm guessing this is a bug.  I've tried a few earlier ASDM versions, however they all behave the same.

2 Replies 2

It appears that you might be experiencing a bug in the ASDM GUI not showing IPv6 hit counts correctly. Although you have tried a few earlier ASDM versions, I would recommend the following steps to ensure that you have covered all bases before concluding that it is indeed a bug:

1. Verify that you are running the latest and compatible ASA and ASDM versions. Sometimes, compatibility issues between ASA and ASDM versions can cause unexpected behavior. You can check the compatibility matrix here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

2. Clear your browser cache and restart the ASDM application. Web-based applications like ASDM can sometimes have caching issues, causing them not to display the latest information.

3. Check the ASDM logs for any errors or warnings related to IPv6 access rules. You can access the logs by going to View ) Logs in the ASDM application.

4. If possible, try accessing ASDM from another computer or browser to see if the problem persists.

If you have tried all the above steps and the issue persists, you might be dealing with a bug. In that case, I would recommend reporting the issue to Cisco TAC for further investigation. They might be able to provide you with a workaround or a fix in the future software updates.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

Upgraded to interim release 9.16(4)27 and the counters for the IPv6 rules are now incrementing.

Definitely a bug or feature...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card