Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 new ISP port "down/down" - Help required

Cormac Champion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm not fully familiar with ASA's but I'm really stumped and need help.  I have a HA pair of 5510's with a current ISP connection in them.  We now have a new ISP connection which I have connected to Eth0/3.  The link has been provisioned as a /30.  Last week, I connected it up, set the interface with it's IP and I could ping the opposite end ISP GW.  All good.

So I went to migrate today and wanted to move the new connection across into Eth0/0 and leave that interface called "outside", and apply the IP on it.  Anyway, it would not work.  I failed back and began to try and investigate what the issue is.

So now, having reverted back, no matter what I do (shut / no shut) (disconnect link to secondary of HA), the interface Eth0/3 is now down/down, despite the link light being on, and the connection from an intermediate switch showing as up/up - but sending traffic and receiving nothing back from the ASA.

So it looks like the ASA port is stuck in some state.  A reboot left it in the same state - I just cannot get it to come up again.

I took the cable out of the ASA and connected it into my laptop, assigned my laptop the IP address that the ASA is being given - perfect - I can reach the ISP and beyond.  So I put it straight back into the ASA and ........ still down / down.  If I remove the speed and duplex, still no joy.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cormac Champion
Level 1
Level 1
2 Replies 2

Cormac Champion
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, all resolved

What was the resolution? I am having the same issue with my secondary ASA. All of a sudden my interfaces went down.

Tried a couple of reboots.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: